Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Posted on: September 13, 2019
About the Team
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the
world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies.
Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we ve got a rich and
storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn t stopped us
from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised
and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of
* courage & innovation
* agility & performance
* inclusivity & collaboration
* integrity & accountability
It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and
positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions
that the world counts on when it really matters. It means
maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every
Performs requirements analysis, planning, design and deployment and
ongoing operations management and technical support of Stanley
Securities technology infrastructure. Performs business technical
system upgrades including planning and scheduling, coordination and
deploying. Ensures availability and performance of systems and
application environments through proactive as well as reactive
analysis and maintenance. Maintains the Environmental
infrastructure including the management of UPS, Power, Cooling for
the Data Centers.
* Devises IT standards and workflows in support of requirements
driven by IT strategy and business demands.
* Responsible for research, selection, introduction, maintenance,
and sunsetting of all IT infrastructure components.
* Determines best technological path for the organization going
forward and commissions the work to attain the goals.
* Proposes systems enhancements that will improve the reliability
and performance of the system.
* Learns new infrastructure, operations & security technologies,
Stanley Black & Decker-specific technologies, system behavior and
business processes as they relate to customer needs.
* Leverages industry standard tools and methodologies to triage and
debug issues to determine the root cause of the problem.
* Implements infrastructure, operations & security monitoring
services, using industry standard software, collects relevant data,
performs analytics and provides system performance dashboards.
* Implements operational metrics, collects data, and publishes
production systems health information.
* Performs day-to-day work required to monitor and maintain a
stable IT infrastructure and operating environment.
* Act as liaison with vendors on technical matters.
* Creates and maintains the technical knowledge base for the
* Understands and applies principles, concepts, theories,
infrastructure, operations & security technologies and standards of
associated with Windows Operating Systems and VmWare.
* Understanding of Corporate Networks and Telephony Systems.
Specifically, Avaya, Adtran, and Mediant AudioCodes is an
* Exposure or experience with Alarm Receiver protocols and the
Security Alarm receivers such as Bosch, SurGuard, and DMP is an
* Knowledge of, or experience supporting, Data Center Environmental
Infrastructure is an advantage.
* Support the Companies compliance with UL certification through
the management and enforcement of Policy and Standards
* Develops and applies specialized infrastructure knowledge within
* Deepens knowledge through exposure to new assignments and
* Knowledge of related industry considerations.
* Good working knowledge and demonstrated ability utilizing
systems, tools and procedures to accomplish job.
* Builds deeper understanding of processes, procedures, customers
* Assists program or process development and implementation.
* Coordinates activities and processes of self and others.
* Applies research, information gathering and analytical and
interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope.
* Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate
* Screens, categorizes, evaluates, reconciles, reports and resolves
data integrity issues.
* Interprets generally defined practices and methods.
* Recognizes and acts on inconsistencies in data or results and
escalates unusual problems.
* Identifies issues beyond stated situation and has a good working
knowledge of ITIL foundational processes.
* Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative
are required in resolving problems and making choices,
recommendations, or decisions.
* Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on
* Involved with local or business specific engagement initiatives
in support of broader programs.
* Works under general direction.
* Work is guided by objectives of the area or assignment.
* Refers to established policies and precedents as needed.
* Applies discretion and independent judgment to identify when
deviation from standard practice is required without prior
* May set project timeframes and priorities based on project
objectives and ongoing assignments.
* Assumes responsibility to improve service, efficiency and quality
* When assigned to a customer team, actively participates on small
to medium sized project teams in support of customer
* Contributes to area by ensuring quality of output.
* Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with
specific projects or activities within own area.
* Establishes working relationships with others outside area of
* Applies knowledge and understanding of customer needs and other
* Conveys information in a concise and professional manner.
* Asks effective questions and solicits feedback to understand
* Anticipates future needs based on past transactions.
* Consistently applies fundamental knowledge of infrastructure,
operations & security configuration, maintenance and support.
* Intermediate knowledge of client/server networks.
* Proven ability to effectively troubleshoot program errors.
* General understanding of how technology supports the
Education & Experience
Undergraduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience, or
Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience.65333BR
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Lacey , Engineering Analyst, Engineering , Lacey, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!