Interventionist Nurse Researcher - Tacoma (Temporary)
Posted on: November 25, 2022
POSSIBLE SATURDAYS. -Would you like to fill an important role on
a CDC research study to see how well the COVID and flu vaccines
work? This position lasts about 4-6 months during flu season and
enrolls patients with respiratory illness. We are hiring for three
Kaiser Permanente Washington clinics (Tacoma, Olympia, or
Silverdale).This posting is for research staff to work at Urgent
Care in Tacoma.The Research Nurse Interventionist will review EPIC
schedules, screen, consent, administer a questionnaire, do a
fingerstick, and perform nose and throat swabs on participants that
are being seen at Urgent Care.Utilizes professional clinical
skills, education and/or experience in project planning and
implementation of data collection for complex clinical/health
research trials. Utilizes professional clinical skills/training for
independent decision making for data collection/trial
intervention(s)/evaluation. The scope of responsibility for a
Research Interventionist is greater than that for a Clinical
Research Specialist due to any combination of the following:
greater level of independent safety or clinical decision making
required; greater level of specialized clinical knowledge required;
substantial contribution to areas such as project intervention
materials, plans, study design and research papers; and
comprehensive consultation role on policies and methodology.
- Performs clinical evaluation/intervention/measurements
requiring professional clinical knowledge/education/training.
-Utilizes clinical knowledge and skills to evaluate participant
responses and make subsequent decisions around patient safety and
- Provides professional expertise in day-to-day coordination of
research activities. -Develops project intervention plans and
tools, data collection instruments, manual of operations, trains
new employees, prepares reports, etc. -Plans, implements and
monitors participant safety and data quality control measures.
- Evaluates responses of participants and makes independent
clinical judgments regarding responses to clinical
- Participates as part of the research project team, attends
project meetings, and identifies problems and proposes
- May perform medical record review requiring professional
clinical background/education/ experience for correct
interpretation and data collection.
- May perform telephone interviews, in-person interviews or
physical assessments requiring professional clinical
background/education. Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience performing professional
functions required by the project.Education
- Certifications, licenses, or degrees as determined by the needs
of the research projects, such as, registered nurse, nurse
practitioner, certified mental health therapist/specialist, MSW,
pharmacist, physical therapist, certified health education
specialist, clinical psychologist, acupuncturist.License,
- As applicable to research project and field of study by date of
- Experience with individual and/or group counseling and/or
facilitation, and related research experience.
- Knowledge of research data collection requirements and
specialized clinical intervention/measurement/assessment skills as
required by the projects.
- A thorough understanding of regulatory policies governing
industry practices, HIPAA requirements for clinical research, and
knowledgeable about patient safety and quality control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Continual updating of skills and knowledge related to
- Master's degree or PhD in health-related field.Job Schedule:
Job Category: Research & Development, Vaccine Clinics Jobs
Keywords: Kaiser, Lacey , Interventionist Nurse Researcher - Tacoma (Temporary), Healthcare , Lacey, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!