Customer Service Representative I or II Water Utility
Company: Thurston Public Utility District
Posted on: February 12, 2019
Public Utility District No. 1 of Thurston County, Washington
Thurston PUD is currently recruiting for an entry to journey level Customer Service position. We would hire at the level best suid to the knowledge, skills, abilities, and aptitude of the successful candidate.
This position works primarily servicing customer accounts, ensuring proper billing of all utility accounts, and providing administrative support to the operations of the District. Additional information about the position is in the attached job description.
Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, completed job application, and answer the supplemental questionnaire below.
Supplemental Questionnaire for Customer Service Position – Please provide short answers to the following questions. Applications that have not included the supplemental questionnaire will not be considered.
Outline and discuss your understanding of the role a customer service representative plays in a water
Explain how you would diffuse a customer who is unhappy about a large water bill caused by a leaky
service line at the customer's residence.
Tell us if you have any unique qualifications or experience that would make you particularly valuable in
this customer service position.
Commissioners Linda Oosterman – District 1 Russell E. Olsen – District 2 Chris Stearns – District 3
Providing safe, reliable, affordable, and sustainable service.
Thurston PUD Customer Services Representative II
Reports to: Assistant General Manger
Supervisory Duties: May perform Lead Worker Duties
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB Serves as the point of contact to facilitate customer transactions with the District by providing information, responding to requests for service, handling customer complaints, and maintaining related records.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet and direct public within office
- Answer calls on a multi-line telephone and answer customer account and water quality related questions
- Transfer calls to appropriate staff
- Process payments received in the mail, over the phone and from walk-in customers
- Balance cash drawer daily, safeguarding District cash receipts
- Provide customer support both via telephone, in writing, and in person
- Understand and effectively communicate the billing and collections process
- Manage customer accounts – create, update, and close accounts
- Process late fees and adjustments
- Manage pending disconnect list and contact customers to arrange payments
- Dispatch and coordinate service requests and disconnects with field staff
- Preparing monthly billings to customers
- Maintain general and water system specific filing as necessary
- Perform required word processing
- Meeting place preparation
- Clerk to the Board duties as assigned
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Bondable General understanding of water utilities Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret rate schedules Ability to comply with all PUD policies and procedures and maintain confidential information
1230 Ruddell Rd. SE, Lacey, WA 98503 (866) 357-8783 • Fax (360) 357-1172 • www.thurstonpud.org
Problem solving capabilities Ability to work effectively with customers and co-workers Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal Demonstrated ability to work effectively with difficult customers Ability to work with little to no supervision Dependable with the ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines Excellent Working Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Publisher) Ability to work in a fast-paced, potentially stressful environment Ability to become proficient in use of specialized utility software
Required or Preferred Education/Experience: High school graduate or equivalent Minimum two years experience in customer service/support field Familiarity with Springbrook Utility Billing.
Full Time, Excellent Benefits, State Retirement System Hourly Rate $17.95 – $25.92, DOQ, Open Until Filled 1+ Years Office, Data Entry, Cash Handling, & Customer Service Experience. To view full job details and apply visit website at: www.thurstonpud.org
Keywords: Thurston Public Utility District, Lacey , Customer Service Representative I or II Water Utility, Hospitality & Tourism , Lacey, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!