Senior HR Business Partner
Company: Tempur Sealy
Posted on: December 25, 2018
Job Summary: The Sr. Human Resources Partner, acting as a change agent, will be responsible for managing the Human Resource function at assigned field locations. Responsibilities will include recruitment, training, equal employment opportunity, positive employee relations, and labor relations. Where applicable, this role will administer the Grievance Procedure up to and including Arbitration, and will be expected to prepare for and conduct collective bargaining. This position will also act as a business partner to operations and coordinate with both Regional and Corporate HR management. The Sr. HRBP may handle multiple facilities.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Acts as a change agent within the organization.
- Conducts recruitment activities, including sourcing, costing, and onboarding.
- Performs workforce & organizational planning, succession planning, and talent assessments.
- Administers the company's talent management activities.
- When appropriate- interprets, administers, and negotiates the collective bargaining agreement and handles all grievances.
- Works with regional or corporate HR management to prepare for arbitration hearings. May act as the company's advocate in arbitration hearings.
- Administers the Company's Risk Management Program.
- Maintains positive employee relations; promptly investigates complaints/issues and makes recommendations to plant management to resolve them.
- Keeps abreast of all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations. Assure compliance with these requirements.
- Assures the accuracy and confidentiality of all personnel records.
- Acts as the EEO Coordinator. Completes annual Affirmative Action Plans. Makes recommendations to management regarding the attainment of EEO goals and conducts EEO training for all management personnel.
- Implements and maintains defined HR metrics.
- Partners with corporate benefits to assist employees with questions and concerns.
- Provides local oversight of company's risk management program.
- Acts as business partner to field Operations.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Exemplifies the company's mission, vision, and values
- Strong business acumen; metrics oriented
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to influence without direct reporting relationship
- Able to shift among multiple tasks/initiatives comfortably
- Takes initiative on problem solving
- Builds collaborative relationships
- Works with others to accomplish goals- within and across functions and departments
- Anticipates issues and creates plans to address
- Helps clarify roles and accountabilities
- Recognizes and celebrates team accomplishments
- Displays a sense of urgency, results orientation
Internal and External Interfaces:
-Member of Human Resources organization
- SVP, Human Resources
- VP, Human Resources Operations
- Senior Manager, Human Resources Operations
- Human Resources Manager at field locations
- HR- Corporate
- Retail Sales
- Union contacts
- Risk Management contacts including medical providers, defense counsel, third party administrators
- Government agencies
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Bachelor's Degree; emphasis in Human Resources or Business preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of prior Human Resource experience. Labor relations and manufacturing experience preferred
- Bilingual abilities preferred - Spanish
- Must be willing to relocate for promotional opportunities
- Travel will be required
- Six Sigma Lean certification desired
Keywords: Tempur Sealy, Lacey , Senior HR Business Partner, Human Resources , Lacey, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!