DSHS ALTSA Executive Assistant
Company: Washington State
Posted on: January 5, 2020
DescriptionDSHS Executive AssistantAn Exciting Opportunity Awaits
You in the Office of the Assistant Secretary!The Aging and
Long-Term Support Administration (ALTSA), Department of Social and
Health Services (DSHS), is looking for a dynamic, experienced,
culturally-competent professional to serve as an Executive
Secretary in the Office of the Assistant Secretary (OAS). ALTSA is
ranked number one in the nation (AARP 2017) in providing long-term
services and supports. With a budget of 3.5 billion annually, ALTSA
and its partners provide services to over 65,000 people each year
who have long-term service and support needs due to age, physical,
or cognitive limitations. ALTSA also helps families ensure the best
quality of life for the people we serve.This transformative
position reports directly to the Assistant Secretary and is part of
a team of professionals dedicated to helping ALTSA fulfill its
mission "to transform lives by promoting choice, independence, and
safety through innovative services". The Executive Secretary plays
a key role in supporting the success of the administration.
Accordingly, this position is an incredible opportunity to make a
difference in the lives of those served by supporting the Assistant
Secretary and ALTSA staff.The ideal candidate is highly motivated,
has exceptional interpersonal skills, and applies Lean thinking,
tools and principles in everything they do. They are able to excel
in a fast-paced environment under tight timelines. The candidate
must also be able to plan, organize, manage, and report on multiple
projects. .If you enjoy working in an ever-changing environment- we
want to hear from you!Some Of What You'll Do
- You'll play a vital role in the operation of the
Administration; providing primary support to the Assistant
Secretary of ALTSA.
- You'll analyze sensitive & confidential issues objectively and
realistically and brief the Assistant Secretary on these
- You'll assist the Assistant Secretary with calendar management,
provide clear and consistent communication, and other
- You are responsible for the day-to-day administrative support
functions of the Assistant Secretary and the Office of the
- You'll also function as liaison between Assistant Secretaries
and other members of the ALTSA Executive Leadership Team and
divisions, various administrations, agencies, and external partners
and stakeholders, and assists with special projects completion.Who
We Want In This RoleKnowledgeAssociates Degree with a focus on
Business or Public Administration, Healthcare Administration, or
Human Resource ManagementORComparable combination of education and
experience.Six (6) or more years' of experience providing executive
level administrative support executive director, administrator, or
manager.Skills and Abilities
- Providing high-level administrative support, project
management, or similar experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Intermediate to
advanced skill in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and
- Providing excellent customer service, remaining sensitive to
stakeholder and customer concerns and issues.
- Using independent judgment to accomplish assignments or solve
- Managing a variety of assignments simultaneously, planning and
prioritizing work to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Communicating professionally. This position requires highly
developed communication skills, clear writing and speaking,
appropriate internal and external sharing of information and
- Interpersonal skills including:
- Relating and communicating effectively with others.
- Demonstrating consistency and fairness.
- Demonstrating sensitivity and mutual respect.
- Exercise confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Model and demonstrate DSHS/ALTSA values in the workplace
(Honesty & Integrity, Diversity & Inclusion, Open Communication,
Pursuit of Excellence, Commitment to Service, Compassion, Respect,
Collaboration and Accountability. Exercise strong leadership, good
judgement, and effective, independent decision-making with a solid
understanding of risk management/mitigation strategies.
- Create and present highly polished and professional materials
reflecting individual work, work of the unit, or accomplishments of
workgroups with attention to visual representation of work and
- Be innovative in solving problems and in handling tasks and
responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Work independently to establish priorities and organize work to
enable completion of assigned tasks through exercising good
judgment, problem-solving ability, and multi-tasking to complete
all assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Make reasonable judgments in a complex and changing
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer hardware, software, and other
electronic equipment issues.
- Effectively organize around multiple tasks, competing
priorities, deadlines, and demands on time.
- Maintain effective working relationships within the
administration, with other agencies, providers, and community
organizations.To Apply--Simply fill out our application and
- Letter of interest describing what about this position appeals
- How you meet the specific qualifications for this position and
why you believe you are the best candidate for the position.
- Current resume detailing experience and education.
- A minimum of three professional references with current contact
information.If you have questions regarding this position, please
contact Stacey Rhodes at (360) 725-3221 or
Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.orgIf you have questions about completing the
application packet, please contact the Joshua.Shawhan@dshs.wa.gov
and reference 12684.Supplemental InformationPrior to a new hire, a
background check including criminal record history may be
conducted. Information from the background check will not
necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in
determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform
in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple
vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid
driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on
state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned
vehicle.Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any
area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression,
marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or
beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably
discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other
protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental,
physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service
animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic
information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application
process or this job announcement in an alternative format may
contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or
hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by
dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.E-Verify is a registered trademark
of the U.S. Department of Homeland SecuritySalary: $68,000.00 -
$80,000.00 AnnuallyLocation: Thurston County Lacey, WAJob Type:
Full Time - PermanentDepartment: Dept. of Social and Health
ServicesJob Number: 2019-12684Closing: 1/6/2020 11:59 PM
PacificAgency: State of WashingtonAddress: View Job Posting for
Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington,
98504Phone: View Posting for Agency ContactWebsite:
Keywords: Washington State, Lacey , DSHS ALTSA Executive Assistant, Other , Lacey, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!