Field Operations Leader
Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Stanley Black & Decker is a vibrant, diversified, global
industrial company a company of enduring substance since 1843 that
is striving to be one of the most innovative and sustainable
companies in the world. Our people are bold and agile, yet
thoughtful and disciplined. With the ambition to inspire makers and
innovators to create a more sustainable world. If you re seeking to
bring your unique value and contribute to an inclusive,
collaborative and purpose-driven culture that integrates
performance excellence and innovation join us.
The Field Operations Leader for the branch is responsible for
providing leadership and daily support to direct and indirect
reports within the branch. Field Operations Leaders will work
directly with service, install and branch administrative teams
ensuring timely and efficient delivery to our local and national
The main activities of this position are to train, coach and mentor
STANLEY Field Technicians providing expert technical assistance to
resolve roadblocks during installs and assisting with complicated
service requests. This individual will also assist in identifying
change order and T&M opportunities. They will effectively
partner with dispatch and build relationships with customers to
ensure their needs are being met.
Essential Position Accountabilities
* Form and lead high performing teams and contribute to branch
efforts to source, hire, train and develop talent to drive branch
success. Provide feedback and coaching through regular check-ins
and the OPR process.
* Maintain a high level of visibility in the field, leading
Technicians, and monitoring the work of both technicians and
subcontractors. Contribute technical assistance by testing or
troubleshooting new system installs. Ensure systems local, county,
state or federal codes as well as legal requirements are being
* Provide technical expertise to more difficult jobs to ensure
quality work and customer satisfaction.
* Monitor and/or schedule on-site work activities assuring timely
delivery of equipment and milestone achievements to ensure
successful new installations, system updates, preventative
maintenance or service/repair.
* Contribute to aCustomer Firstenvironment which achieves ultimate
customer service/satisfaction while meeting/exceeding branch
targets, STANLEY Standard and other performance KPIs and financial
* Mentor and coach technicians and coordinators on the proper
techniques, working safely, customer service and overall
performance and skill development and document timely and
appropriately following our SBD Organization & People Review
process (OPR 2.0) consistently promoting thatPeople Matter.
* Ensure all safety guidelines are followed and that the company is
in compliance with all regulatory rules and regulations to promote
and maintain a safe and healthy work environment and reduce
workplace accidents and injuries.
* Champion, educate and implement and/or continue to develop the
STANLEY Standard processes within the branch and ensure all
technicians perform to these processes and metrics. This may
include but not be limited to facilitating and participating in
regular STANLEY Standard huddles, delivering Tool-Box Talks,
performing Tech ride-alongs, initiating corrective action and other
activities as needed.
* Promptly address customer issues and complaints, and develop
solutions to resolve issues timely, and effectively. Communicate
with appropriate district personnel regarding customer issues, and
status of resolving such issues to foster a customer- focused
* Monitor, review and approve technician and coordinator timecards
in a timely manner, utilizing tools available (Kronos, GPS, policy)
to ensure accuracy and compliance to any applicable state required
wage (including but not limited to OT, DT and prevailing wage),
shift, meal and break laws.
* Maintain company property and documentation in accordance with
established policies, handle proprietary information in the
prescribed manner, and adhere to and support Stanley Black & decker
and Stanley Electronic Security policies and procedures including
all safety requirements.
* Responsibilities include hiring, training, reviewing and
developing all technicians on the team.
* Field Leaders must have flexibility to support technicians who
work an on-call rotation covering after hours and weekend emergency
* 75-80% Travel required throughout branch geography to support
* High School Diploma or GED
* 1+ years experience in a lead/supervisor/manager role in the
electronic security industry.
* 1+years of technical experience in the electronic security
industry installing, programming and/or servicing on-site security
systems in a commercial/ construction setting.
* Valid state driver s license without restrictions meeting FLEET
requirements for driving eligibility.
* California required licensing ACE Card
* Valid state driver s license without restrictions meeting Stanley
s FLEET requirements for driving eligibility.
* Vocational/Technical degree in aligned area of study (Computers,
electronics, engineering, computer networking etc.)
* Technical certifications: Lenel, Pro-Watch, Genetic, Milestone
and Software House
* PMP Certification
* Prior experience directly managing a team of hourly employees
* Experience using SAP, SBN or other related ERP
* Experience with an online performance management system
* Knowledge of project management, resources allocation, technician
utilization and cost control
* Possess an understanding of job financial reports and the ability
to apply these to cost containment in managing projects
* Demonstrated ability to conduct weekly meetings and report on
* Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and
* Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
for Construction Projects
* Be technically adept and have experience with common Microsoft
Office, web-based systems and conferencing/video technology.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status,
age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Lacey , Field Operations Leader, Other , Lacey, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!