RN - Outpatient Infusion Services
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (0.8 FTE, Day Shift) to
work for Outpatient Infusion Services in Lacey, WA.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to be accountable for the
delivery and supervision of safe, quality care and follows the
nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act
(assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation). The Registered
Nurse is accountable for delegating selected functions to members
of the health care team, supervising others to whom he/she has
delegated nursing functions and evaluating outcomes of care
provided by the health care team. The Registered Nurse is a leader
of the oncology health care team with a comprehensive educational
background in the nursing process to include patient and family
teaching. The Registered Nurse also has leadership skills which
enable him/her to delegate, and coordinate the nursing care
provided in an oncology outpatient setting. The Registered Nurse
assists in orientation, training, and education of personnel.
In this position you will:
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of all aspects
chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy treatments, and implements safe,
therapeutic patient specific care.
- Be responsible for supervising patient care provided by
Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Assume responsibility of specific patients as assigned.
- Administer and document chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy
treatment according to established policy procedures without
- Administer investigational protocol medications following the
Policy and Procedures of the research department.
- Act as a resource person in all aspects of IV accesses for
chemotherapy/non-chemotherapy treatments routinely used at
- Perceive potential problems or situations that may occur with
chemotherapy/non chemotherapy treatments and intervenes to offset
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A graduate of an NLN accredited registered nurse program.
- Current license to practice as a registered Nurse in the State
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of two years RN experience.
- ONS Certification.
- Chemotherapy administration experience.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a
127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic,
cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives
high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the
Washington Department of Health and the Washington Department of
Social and Health Services.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Lacey , RN - Outpatient Infusion Services, Other , Lacey, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!