Company: H&R Block
Posted on: June 7, 2021
What you'll do...
At H&R Block, your contributions will go far beyond any job
description. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of
a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now
leading its transformation.
As a Tax Accountant you'll serve an integral part
of a centralized team that applies principles of accounting to
analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
Prepares, submits and manages tax statements and returns for
businesses and clients. Provides advice on financial and tax
matters and should have an in-dept knowledge of the regulations,
laws and acts that govern the process. Attention to detail, strong
analytical skills and is a good communicator.
Day to day, you'll...
- Prepare tax statements, financial statements and BAS statements
at required intervals
- Create and return statements and documents to clients by set
- Prepare business income tax returns and statements for
- Assist in financial planning
- Regularly review systems and make updates and improvements
- Identify areas where clients and businesses can reduce tax,
make claims and increase profit
- Possess strong knowledge of tax law and statutory
- Understand the financial landscape and market trends
- Responsibilities could pertain to any area of accounting, such
as: general ledger, tax, accounts payable, payroll, etc.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to
accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities,
and equity. Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and
other reports to summarize current and projected SBU or Support
department financial position and results.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end analysis of
accounts for assigned lines of business. Validate the accuracy of
data from subsystems.
- Process subsystems or subsidiary interfaces. Validate the
accuracy of the interfaced data. Perform follow up and resolution
of determined issues.
- May be responsible for auditing contracts, orders and vouchers.
Prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to
- Participate in the development, improvement, and implementation
of accounting procedures. Assist in gathering accounting
requirements from SBUs and Support departments and determining
changes to existing programs or new programs.
- Engage regularly with clients and maintaining strong
- Serve as supervisor for bookkeeping staff.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field -OR-
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of integrated online accounting applications
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and project
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel including ability to use
macros, pivot tables, and query
- Ability to navigate internet
Keywords: H&R Block, Lacey , Tax Accountant, Other , LACEY, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!