Truck Driver - Military Apprentice
Posted on: January 5, 2022
What's the Job?
Ready for a new mission with the same values? If you're a veteran
who has recently separated from the military in the past 12 months
and earned your CDL, put your new truck-driving skills to work as a
Military Apprentice Truck Driver for Penske. As a Driver
Apprentice, you'll learn critical skills to build your career while
you work and receive all the great pay and benefits of a full-time
job. Penske offers on-the-job training to hone your existing skills
as a Class A licensed driver. Join a team of proud, professional
truck drivers committed to delivering products safely and on time
for some of the world's biggest brands. (Yes, we're more than just
the yellow trucks.)
You'll work for a stable, nationwide company that is known for
having the best equipment and outstanding safety record, and one
that thrives with structure and a strong work ethic based on
professionalism, respect and teamwork. We pay every Friday, and for
most of our driving positions, you're home daily. Yes, daily.
Your next mission starts here. Come drive for Penske.
• Progressive training program with a dedicated mentor (your new
• Route/activity: Truck drivers are responsible for picking up
product and/or delivering product to customers.
• Shift: Multiple shifts available.
• Equipment: 24' & 36' straight trucks and tandem axle daycabs.
• Compensation: Hourly, mileage or activity base pay.
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or
agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic
violations, and damage before and after route
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily for most positions
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• CDL Class A acquired in the last 12 months
• No commercial driving experience required
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education and criminal history) and drug screening
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or
designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to
work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is
required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility
for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and
safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you join Penske, you're joining a team that cares about doing
its best. We work together to ensure the customer is satisfied and
the highest level of safety is reached. That's true for the nearly
5,000 drivers driving for Penske across the country.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. We have operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, and we provide supply chain management and logistics
services to leading companies around the world, including Ford, GM,
BMW, Whirlpool and more. Penske Logistics delivers value through
its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing
and freight management. Want to learn more? Visit
Keywords: Penske, Lacey , Truck Driver - Military Apprentice, Professions , Lacey, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!