Diesel Mechanic - $5000 Stay-On Bonus
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Harold LeMay Enterprises, a Waste Connections company, is looking
for a Diesel Mechanic to join the team in Lacey, WA!
The schedule for this position will be Monday through Friday from
2pm - 10:30pm. Pay rate is DOE with regular wage increases.
$5000 Stay-On Bonus Offered + $125 Monthly Tool
Why Join Us?
• CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment
where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then
doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees.
Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great
service we provide to the communities we are privileged to
Click here to view a "Day in the Life" of our Mechanics:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical,
hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. Class B CDL
preferred or ability to obtain in the future.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with
corporate and OSHA standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to
repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to
handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred or the
ability to obtain in the future required.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 3 year of experience that is directly related to the
duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience
a huge plus!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life
insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect
with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Lacey , Diesel Mechanic - $5000 Stay-On Bonus, Professions , Lacey, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!