Heavy Equipment Mechanic - $5000 Stay-On Bonus
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: September 16, 2022
We have an immediate position available for an experienced Heavy
Diesel Mechanic to support our Recycling, Composting and Disposal
sites located in Lacey, Washington. Heavy Diesel Mechanics
interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply.
This is a Monday - Friday from 2pm - 10:30pm second shift position
but must be open to working occasional Saturdays. Pay rate is DOE
with regular wage increases.
$5000 Stay-On Bonus Offered + $125 Monthly Tool
Why Join Us?
• CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment
where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then
doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees.
Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great
service we provide to the communities we are privileged to
Click here to view a "Day in the Life" of our Mechanics:
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
on a variety of off road and stationary equipment .
- Conducts safety checks and periodic inspections on vehicles and
- Reviews, trouble shoots and completes repairs identified on
Operator Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate
and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- Minimum 2-5 years' experience in heavy equipment maintenance
- Self-started and motivated; ability to work successful
- Knowledge of yellow iron/Heavy Equipment is required.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Own and provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical
- Able to MIG weld and use oxy-acetylene cutting torch
- Able to work from a service truck, outside, year round in
various weather conditions .
- Perform some facility maintenance work as needed. At times
utilizing scissor lifts / aerial lifts
- High School or GED is required.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life
insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect
with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Lacey , Heavy Equipment Mechanic - $5000 Stay-On Bonus, Professions , Lacey, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!